Sunday, 30 August 2015

July Challenge - the Reveal!

Ok. It is August and I am just now putting my July challenge up. I know. 

Truthfully, I did actually get this done weeks ago. I just didn't get it photographed. It has a lot to do with this:


Which is another story for another day.

In any case, I chose to work with lace, as I hadn't worked with lace before. Rather, I haven't worked with non-stretch, all over lace. Which is on trend at the moment, it seems. So it was time.

I chose a beige corded lace and a bronze-gold polyester satin to go underneath it. The lace is a lot more beige but the flash made it appear almost white here.
I did a bit of research on it before I cut, although it was all pretty much what I expected. I used French seams on the side seams, and of course had to take the utmost care in cutting the skirt so that the scallops were in the right position.

Side Seam:


Vent. I was so proud of this. 


 And the dress!




The pattern is It is New Look 6184, which I've made before with the fuller skirt. 

I made it with a friends wedding in mind, and clipped the last threads about 40 minutes before departure. It was a bit close! But given the huge number of things on the go at the moment, completing a dress was such a boost. It made life feel a bit more normal! 


1 comment:

  1. This is a really lovely dress. I haven't worked with lace before. It is something I'd like to try but don't seem to have the occasion! The matching is spot on!

    ReplyDelete