This is Donald. He is loved, but oh my.
I did start pulling one of the footpads off before I took the photo. I wanted to know how easily they would come off, and the answer was 'quite'.
Here it is, carefully unpicked.
There's probably a children's story in that, if you are so inclined. But for now, I am just going to switch out his poor paws (Haha!) for a polar-fleece ones instead. Polar fleece is a lot tougher than felt, and I'm a big fan of it for use in toymaking. I placed the unpicked pad onto a piece of polar-fleece and cut it out. In both cases, I had to use the left side patch, as clearly Donald is right-handed, and the right patches were in worse condition than the left.
Because he was already made, I had to carefully hand-stitch his paws in by hand, using a running stitch on one side, and then invisible stitch as the gap closed.
He needed new toes too.
And a new ribbon. Doesn't he look soo much better!